Reporting to the Controller, this is a “hands-on” role with an opportunity to make significant impact on our company. The Accountant is responsible for all areas of financial importance related to the planning and operating of our business and will be required to maintain the accuracy of the accounting systems in order to issue analysis that will be used by management.
- Maintain and enforce a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that accounts receivables are collected promptly
- Manage the internal and external payroll process
- Assist in the implementation of accounting system upgrades
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage and maintain the production of the annual budget and forecasts, and analyze the variances
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system and a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Assist in providing financial analysis as needed pertaining to capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Participate in actively developing internal financial controls including internal and external fraud prevention
- Ad-hoc reporting when necessary
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management and perform other duties as necessary
- 5-7 years of accounting and financial reporting experience in a manufacturing or distribution organization is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with using an Enterprise Resource Planning software is a strong asset.
- Post-secondary education in business, working toward or has an accounting designation (CPA, CMA, CA)
- High technological proficiency with advanced skills in MS Excel
You will need to be a strong problem solver with a desire to set and achieve high goals. While completing assigned projects and tasks are expected, self-initiative, curiosity, and a willingness to provide improvement suggestions based on sound research will be an immense asset. A desire to continuously hone and develop your work-related skills by intentionally learning off the job will be rewarded.
Detail oriented with strong analytical capabilities in planning, organizing and process development. Ability to develop and maintain courteous and collaborative working relationships with internal and external customers. Ability to clearly, and effectively communicate ideas and analysis to executive management as well as to large working groups.
You will be working in an office environment staffed with driven individuals constantly trying to learn, make change.
- Competitive total compensation package
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Group Benefits Program
- Awards for top performers and employee tenure
We’re always looking for truly motivated and talented people!
Write the position and your name in the subject header.
In order to be considered for this role, please attach your resume.
Thank you for your applications, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Pacific Smoke international is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), we are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities to support their participation in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.