The Supply Planner is an exciting role within the Supply Chain team at Pacific Smoke International. In this position, you are responsible for ensuring an uninterrupted supply of materials or services to meet internal and external customer requirements. The Supply Planner has full ownership of their respective brands and inventory and is responsible for operational execution as well as leading initiatives to drive cost and/or service improvements You are responsible for managing the day-to-day supplier issues and relationships from an operational and tactical perspective.
- Own new launch management from an inventory planning perspective, working closely with Sales, Marketing and Project Managers to coordinate with vendors, all materials required as defined in each step of the stage-gate process and ensure launch at the pre-established date
- Knowledgeable about customs, freight forwarding, and inbound carriers (air freight and ocean carriers)
- Responsible for vendor management and compliance responsibilities by providing monthly vendor compliance reporting to Manager
- Provide sourcing expertise and knowledge of categories through the development of effective working relationships with international suppliers (China) and counterparts in the industry, and keeping current with market and industry knowledge, trends, continuous improvements and best practices for a wide range of categories
- Identify, react and manage changes in demand compared to changes in availability to manufacturer
- Assess and validate on a bi-weekly basis by communicating risks to the manager what has changed from the previous position and if exceptions exceed the scope of control when needed
- Daily inventory assessments to determine shorts, risks, and excess to maintain optimal inventory levels across channels
- Assess replenishment and supply error by SKU in vendor performance and define sufficient safety stock by purchasing materials to carry adequate safety stock
- Manage the inventory from obsolescence and aged perspective
- Monthly reporting to finance on rolling 12-month horizon purchase plans and budget to actuals reporting on purchases
- Monthly obsolescence and aged inventory report
- Systems management (MOQ, lead times, safety stocks, costs, and purchase prices) to solve and recalculate the system to establish shorts, risks, and excess
- Minimum 3+ years of hands-on experience in Supply Planning and management
- Must have a strong understanding of ingredient and product life cycles
- Fully bilingual in English and Chinese (Mandarin), with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Education: Preferably recent MBA graduates or currently pursuing an MBA designation, supply chain designation or practical work experience in a similar role
- Experience using an ERP System an asset
- Outgoing personality, detail-oriented and strong judgment, tact, and diplomacy to work with multiple departments
- Good organizational and time management skills with ability to manage multiple priorities to accomplish objectives and goals anticipating and adjusting for problems and interruptions/roadblocks
- Proactive problem solving and situational analysis and must be able to manage a large portfolio and be solution orientated
- Comfortable with travelling (20%) for business purposes
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Markham, Ontario, Canada (14 Ave and Woodbine)
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Group Benefits Program
- Competitive compensation package
- Awards for top performers and employee tenure
Write the position and your name in the subject header.
In order to be considered for this role, please attach your resume.
Thank you for your applications, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Pacific Smoke international is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), we are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities to support their participation in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.