Now enough about us, let’s talk about you. Please apply if you meet the criteria below for a Senior Graphic Designer role in our Markham office.
- Conceptualize and execute (hands-on) creative work. Specific design assignments will range from website design, packaging, marketing collateral, advertising, full-scale branding campaigns to one-off social media graphical content.
- Provide creative and innovative approaches as well as outstanding attention to detail and quality under challenging deadlines.
- Proactively leads the end-to-end creative process and projects concurrently from the in-take and review of collateral requests, to execution prioritization (including the management of expectations for delivery), concept development, design, layout, production, and approvals.
- Work directly with other members of the Marketing team. Communicate and work collaboratively with team members; present designs and participate in critiques.
- Mentor Jr. designers to promote quality design, influence innovation and promote productivity.
- Attend countrywide tradeshows if needed.
- Work both independently and under the direction of Marketing Director, assist the Marketing Director with additional tasks related to the design and marketing department.
- Other work assigned by manager.
- University Degree or Diploma in Graphic Design or related field of study.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in Graphic Design.
- French – Written and oral will be a strong asset.
- An exceptional attention to detail.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Knowledge of best practices in the digital design process, including image editing, color correction, image optimization, composition and typography.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and operate in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience using email marketing platforms such as Mail Chimp is an asset.
- Visual website design is an asset.
- Photography is an asset.
- Videography and video editing is an asset.
- Trade show experience is an asset.
- Must be comfortable being in an environment with electronic vaporizers.
- A short online art test will be conducted to selected candidates.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment with many competing priorities.
- High attention to detail and accountability in analytical assessments, but with the aptitude to maintain a big picture perspective.
- Hard-working and committed to producing great end results.
- Markham, Ontario, Canada
- Competitive total compensation package.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities.
- Group Benefits Program.
- Awards for top performers and employee tenure.
Write the position and your name in the subject header.
In order to be considered for this role, please include a link to your digital portfolio and attach your resume.
Thank you for your applications, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Pacific Smoke international is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), we are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities to support their participation in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.